MBBS J N Medical College, Belgaum | MD Microbiology Andhra Medical College Visakhapatnam
Former PROFESSOR and HOD DEPT. OF MICROBIOLOGY, Travancore Medical College, Kollam Kerala
Publications – Published 8 articles in Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology in National and International journals
Web site – www.medmicrobes.com
Content provider writer knowledge designer on Medical Microbiology and Infectious diseases, ICU Care and recent advances in Infectious diseases
1 Member Associate and Adviser Elsevier Research Netherlands
2 Member editorial board of Kerala University of Health Sciences on line Journal Trichur Kerala till 2015
3 Chairman Ethical committee and scientific reviewer of Azeezia Medical College, Kollam Kerala
4 Chairperson and Scientific Adviser to Vivekananda Institute S-VYASA University Bangalore in Collaboration with many American and European Universities
Detailed CV www.sites.google.com/site/drsudheerkher2
Education MBBS, DCP, MD (Medical Microbiology)
a. Former Associate Prof, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
b. Former Professor & Head, Dept of Microbiology, DY Patil Medical College, Pune
c. Former Professor & Head, Dept of Microbiology, MVPM’s Medical College Nashik
d. Former Professor & Head, Dept of Microbiology, Gulf Medical University, Ajman UAE
e. Former Dean & Professor and Head, Dept of Microbiology, PDVVP’s Medical College, Ahmednagar
f. Former Executive Editor Med J Armed Forces India
a. Dr. MB Soparkar Silver Medal for outstanding research in the field of Microbiology for the year 1989 during AFMRC Conference in Feb 1990.
b. Dr. MB Soparkar Silver Medal for outstanding research in the field of Microbiology for the year 1996 during AFMRC Conference in Feb 1997.
c. Maj Gen Amir Chand Award for outstanding research in understanding etiology of disease for the year 1998 (Hepatitis C Virus) during AFMRC Conference in Feb 1998.
d. Adjudged best Professor at Gulf Medical University, Ajman, UAE for the year 2008.
Papers published – 38 in various National and International papers
Principal worker in AFMRC Projects:
1. AFMRC 1531/85 “Detection of Hepatitis A Virus by Immune Electron Microscopy and detection of HAV antibody by ELISA test”
2. AFMRC 1531/85 “Detection of Rubella antibody by Single Radial Haemolysis test”.
3. AFMRC 1752/88 “Lymphocyte markers (HLA Typing) in leprosy cases seen in Pune”
4. AFMRC 1886/91 “Immunological studies in Rheumatoid Arthritis”
5. AFMRC 1926/92 “Immunological and Clinical profile of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection in Armed Forces”
6. AFMRC 2115/96 “Evaluation of AIDS awareness and attitudinal changes of troops by preventive counseling”.
Co-worker in AFMRC Projects:
1. AFMRC 1593/86 “Tissue culture and electron microscopy as an aid to determination of histogenesis of tumours”
2. AFMRC 1878/91 “The significance of clinical distinction between chronic amoebiasis and irritable bowel syndrome”
3. AFMRC 1828/90 “Study of porphobilinogen deaminase and adenosine deaminase activity in lymphocytic leukemias” .
4. AFMRC 1968/93 “Comparative study of indirect drug susceptibility tests for Mycobacterium tuberculosis”.
5. AFMRC 1830/ 91 Antibody titres to coxsackie B viruses and streptococci in acute rheumatic fever and acte reheumatic heart disease –A Correlative Study. LT.Col.NT.Ghokale, LT.Col. Vipinchandra & LT.Col.S.K.kher.
6. AFMRC -1878/91 Clinical immunological colonoscopic and epidomological evaluation of choronic morbidity associated with recurrent bowel disturbances abdominal pain seen amongst the troops with a view to develop a rational theraputic strategy. LT.Col.Anand AC. LT.Col.SK.Kher, LT.Col.PS.Reddy.
Education – MBBS, MD (Medical Microbiology, Mumbai University, India), PG Dip. (Obesity & Weight Management, University of South Wales, UK)
Others – Critical Care Infectious Diseases eCourse” from Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine, Trained in Molecular methods of Diagnosis
Life member of Indian Association of Medical Microbiology
- Family Physician License, Shanghai Health Bureau, China
- GP and Specialist Microbiologist registration with Maharashtra Medical Council
- Was Licensed to work as Specialist Microbiologist in UAE
- Former Casualty Medical Office, Asha Parekh Hospital, Mumbai, India
- Former Lecturer, Dept of Microbiology, Gulf Medical University, Ajman UAE
- Family Physician, Parkway Health, Parkway Pantai Pvt Ltd, Shanghai, China
- Voluntary worker for UNICEF funded health education campaigns in Mumbai.
- Paper presentations and Guest speaker in conferences and health education programs
- First prize in Postgraduate Quiz Program conducted by Teaching Pathologists & Microbiologists Committee of Mumbai
Publications in International and online journals
- Attended and participated in numerous national/ international medical conferences, workshops, seminars and other continuous medical education programs in Singapore, China, India, Austria and United Arab Emirates